Updated on February 5th, 2024 at 08:51 pm

The choice of fighting a Wisconsin DUI will come to an end when a person decides to plead guilty and take the offer from the State.  In some cases, a person is not even guilty, but the plea agreement from the State has perks over continuing the case to trial and the potential for losing.  People are more likely to take a few days in jail over a few years in prison.  This could be damaging to a person’s future.

Charged with a Wisconsin DUI

People are charged with a Wisconsin DUI under many circumstances.  A person could be pulled over for a burned out tail light, speeding, swerving, etc. and it just so happens they had consumed any amount of alcohol prior to that.  The tail light could have just burned out, speeding could have been within two speed limit posts (where the speed drops), and a person could swerve while looking for a CD to listen to.  The Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) varies in each individual based on size, gender, food eaten, etc.  Maybe a person had just gargled mouth wash.  In any of these circumstances, a Wisconsin police officer can cite the driver for drunk driving.

How to Plead a Wisconsin DUI

Defending yourself for a Wisconsin DUI could mean a guilty verdict, even if evidence can show a person is not guilty.  Many people find comfort in a lower charge against them.  When the State offers a lower fine, a lesser charge, drops a ticket, or fewer days in jail, this appeals to many people and they feel continuing to fight the charge is wasteful, and if they lose, they could be facing harsher penalties.  This is not always the case.  By hiring a knowledgeable and experienced Wisconsin DUI Defense Attorney, the chances of having the charges lowered more or even dropped are higher.

Hire an Experienced Wisconsin DUI Defense Attorney

Think twice before pleading guilty when you are innocent, the outcome could be in your favor.  In order to get the best outcome, hire Wisconsin DUI Defense Attorney Nathan J. Dineen of Vanden Heuvel & Dineen, S.C.  Attorney Dineen can be contacted at 1-800-805-1976 or Complete a Free Case Review online.  Think before you drink and drive as this decision will affect more than just your driving record.