Updated on February 3rd, 2021 at 10:49 pm
An attorney that focuses on OWI defense will know how to guide you through this difficult process and help you make the best decisions for your future. OWI defense has become so complex that simply hiring a general criminal defense attorney is not in your best interests. As a potential OWI client, you should hire an attorney that focuses on drunk driving defense and is trained to analyze the entire case from handling the Administrative Review Hearing to interpreting the advanced scientific evidence found in every OWI case.
Attorney Nathan J. Dineen focuses his practice solely on DUI/OWI defense in Wisconsin. Nathan is certified in Standarized Field Sobriety Tests and is a member of the National College of DUI Defense. He understands the legal process and how to make it work for you. If you are in need of a skilled DUI defense attorney and are going through the interview process with several attorneys, you need to do your research and find out how much an attorney knows about the defense of an operating while under the influence charge.
Below are a few questions that you should ask your attorney before hiring him/her to represent you and your charge:
1. What percentage of your practice is dedicated to DUI/OWI defense?
2. Have you been trained specifically in DUI defense? Attended any Seminars on DUI Defense?
3. What percentage of your cases go to trial?
4. How many cases have you handled?
5. Are you familiar with Administrative Review Hearings and Standardized Field Sobriety Testing?
6. Can you analyze and interpret blood or blood results?
These are just a few questions that as a potential client with a serious charge you need to have answered. If you are serious about fighting your charge and achieving the best possible outcome, you cannot afford to sell yourself short with the wrong attorney.
Nathan J. Dineen